TO BE HELD: Thursday April 25th to Saturday April 27th, 2019
Tournament Rules: Overview
• 18 players per roster
• 100% OF PLAYERS TO BE IN FINANCE INDUSTRY OR TO HAVE HQ OFFICE ON BAY STREET OR IMMEDIATE SURROUNDING CROSS STREETS, NO PROVISIONS WILL BE MADE FOR THOSE OUTSIDE THE INDUSTRY
• DIV A - maximum 4 players non employee players from sponsoring corporate team, meaning 14 players on an 18 person roster must be employees of registered team.
• DIV B - Minimum requirement of 6 players from sponsoring corporate team, meaning 12 players of an 18 person roster can be non employees
• Maximum 1 *ringer - RINGER must be employee of registered team
*Ringer- Finance industry player who has played in either CHL, NCAA, CIS or professional level (North America and Europe) in the last two seasons or the current season
Reminder: You can have 18 players on your roster to account for guys that can’t be there all weekend but you will only receive 16 jerseys for the team. In order to be eligible for the playoffs, a player must have played in at least one preliminary round robin game for their registered team.
• All players must sign the game sheet prior to start of each game.
• All teams may only use eligible players listed on the game sheet. Players are required to have proper identification with them at all times.
• Only 16 players from a team’s official roster may dress for each game.
• Standard non-contact rules apply
• No centre line red line (blue line icing). Automatic icing in effect.
• Slap shots are allowed.
• All players must wear CSA approved equipment. Facial protection is strongly recommended, but is not mandatory.
• Any player receiving 3 minor penalties or a game misconduct will be ejected from the game and any player receiving a match or major fighting penalty will be ejected from the tournament.
• Any game misconduct (other than a match or major fighting penalty) occurring in the last 5 minutes of a game will result in an additional one game suspension.
• Persistent lack of control exhibited by a team will result in ejection from the tournament.
• Each player may only play for one team (the team that they are registered with) in the tournament. This includes both round robin and playoff games.
• Each player must play at least TWO of Three round robin games for their registered team to be eligible for the playoffs.
• It is the team’s responsibility to understand the rules of the tournament. A team may forfeit their next game(s) if they use an ineligible player.
• Each team is guaranteed 3 games
• All games will consist of three (3) 10 minute stop time periods.
• All teams must be ready to play at least 10 minutes prior to scheduled time.
• 2 minutes will be put on the clock for pre-game warm up
• Mercy rule: If a team leads by 5 or more goals in the third period of the game, running time will commence and will only revert back to stop time if the spread is reduced to within 5 goals.
• All ties will stand in round robin play.
• One 30 second time out per team per game.
Preliminary Round Play
• Defaulted games will be entered as a 3-0 win. Winning teams will receive 2 points, tied teams 1 point, and losing teams 0 points.
• Maximum of 7-goal differential will be implemented.
• Top 4 teams to ADVANCE TO SEMI FINALS. Top two teams from SEMiFINALS wILL ADVANCE to playoff Finals.
• If teams are tied at the end of round robin play, the teams to advance will be decided by the following method: 1. Winner of the head-to-head game (only applies if all teams involved in the tie played each other) 2. Team with the better goals for average – highest average wins. Goals For Average = Goals For / (Goals For + Goals Against) 3. Team with the fewest goals against 4. Team with the least amount of penalty minutes 5. Coin toss
• All playoff games will follow the same basic rules as the round robin, except that any playoff game resulting in a regulation tie will go to a 5 minute sudden-death overtime period of 4 skaters against 4 skaters plus goalies. Teams will not change ends for the overtime period.
• If still tied at the conclusion of the overtime period, a 5 man simultaneous shootout will commence.
• Penalized or ejected players are ineligible to participate in the shootout.
• If still tied, sudden death simultaneous shootout will occur using the same five shooters in the same order. The first non-coincidental goal wins.
2018 – CIBC WORLD MARKETS (DIvision a)
2018 - TG&WHF - Foundation team (DIVISION B)
2017 – BMO CAPITAL MARKETS (DIVISION A)
2017 - TG&WHF - Foundation team (DIVISION B)
2016 – CIBC WORLD MARKETS
2015 – BMO CAPITAL MARKETS
2014 - paradigm capital (DIVISION A)
2014 - national bank financial (DIVISION B)
2013 – CIBC WORLD MARKETS (DIVISION A)
2013 – TD SECURITIES (DIVISION B)
2012 – BMO CAPITAL MARKETS (DIVISION A)
2012 – K2 & ASSOCIATES (DIVISION B)
2011 – GMP SECURITIES (DIVISION A)
2011 – K2 & ASSOCIATES (DIVISION B)
2010 - WELLINGTON WEST CAPITAL MARKETS (DIVISION A)
2010 - SCOTIA CAPITAL (DIVISION B)
2009 - PARADIGM CAPITAL (DIVISION A)
2009 - TD SECURITIES (DIVISION B)
2008 - RBC CAPITAL MARKETS (DIVISION A)
2008 - CIBC WORLD MARKETS (DIVISION B)
2007 - SALIDA CAPITAL CORP.
2006 - SALIDA CAPITAL CORP.
2005 - TD SECURITIES
2004 - MCFARLANE GORDON INC.
2003 - NATIONAL BANK FINANCIAL
2002 - CI FUNDS
2000 - CI FUNDS
1999 - GRIFFITHS MCBURNEY & PARTNERS
1998 - GRIFFITHS MCBURNEY & PARTNERS
1997 - ST. JAMES SECURITIES
1996 - GRIFFITHS MCBURNEY & PARTNERS
A portion of the proceeds benefits the Toronto General & Western Hospital Foundation aimed towards research at the Peter munk cardiac centre
The Peter Munk Cardiac Centre is dedicated to continuing its world leadership in the discovery, development and evaluation of innovative cardiac and vascular therapies. These therapies, often based on medical devices that are smaller and less invasive than predecessors, allow PMCC physicians to treat patients who might otherwise be inoperable.
april 25th to 27th
Join us at Upper Canada College at William P Arena for three days of high level hockey. A portion of the proceeds go to Toronto General & Western Hospital Foundation